New release with many improvements is ready!
- Updated File saving widget to support different kinds of file types.
- Added support of latency report by JACK version of plugins.
- Added support of playback position report (BPM, etc) by JACK transport for JACK plugin format.
- Added support of playback position report (BPM, etc) by host for LV2 plugin format.
- Added support of playback position report (BPM, etc) by host for VST plugin format.
- Added emulation of playback position report for LADSPA wrapper.
- Implemented Fraction widget for editing time signature.
- Implemented Tempo tap widget for manually adjusting tempo.
- Added possibility to configure Slap-Back delay plugin series using BPM-related time units.
- All grid lines are made more 'darken' in the UI.
- Added delay ramping (interpolation) option for Compensation Delay plugin series. This feature allows to apply soft delay change when applying automation in DAW.
- Added delay ramping (interpolation) option for Slap-Back Delay plugin series. This feature allows to apply soft delay change when applying automation in DAW.
- Added modules for reading text files.
- Re-implemented parameter serializing and deserializing interface for more flexible and safe usage.
- Added possibility to copy samples and impulse response files between different AudioFile widgets.
- Fixed GUI crash when pasting data from clipboard.
- Added ability to move the split bars on the Multiband Compressor's graph with the mouse.
After hard work, new release of LSP Plugins, version 1.1.2, is ready!
The main list of changes is following:
- Implemented Muliband Compressor plugin series.
- Added possibility to mute playback by triggering the 'note off' MIDI event in sampler plugin series.
- Implemented ComboGroup wiget for dynamically switching internal contents of the group.
- Fixed error in filter processing algorithms that could yield to invalid results when source and destination buffers differ.
- Additionally tuned SSE code of static filters.
- Refactored CPU identification routines and optimized assembly routines selection.
- Small fixes in UI grid cell allocation and rendering.
- Improved design of markers: added gradient highliting.
- Fixed some UI issues related to switched port values.
- Removed support of some plugins by LADSPA that can not be supported by LADSPA.
- Optimized calculations related to logarithmic axis.
- Fixed bug in UI expression language that incorrectly interpreted 'not' operation.
- Added power mathematical operator to UI expression language.
LSP Plugins release 1.1.1 available. Some bugs related to the new UI were fixed.
Also some improvements of already existing plugins were done. Here is the complete list of changes:
- Plugins have been tested under QTractor 0.9.5 and it seems that they are working well.
- Fixed UI resize issue in Carla host.
- Fixed UI redraw issue that didn't show widgets for several cases.
- Optimized spectrum analysis modules by changing code so it now uses more cache-friendly FFT routines.
- Added graph amplitude scaling to Graphic and Parametric equalizers.
- Added graph amplitude scaling to Spectrum Analyzer plugin.
- Fixed possible memory corruption while redrawing the inline display image of parametric equalizer.
- Fixed possible memory corruption in the Dynamic Processor plugin.
- Fixed latency report for equalizer plugins.
- Updated wrapper to make plugins properly supported by Bitwig Studio that doesn't know anything about kVstParameterUsesIntStep and kVstParameterUsesIntegerMinMax flags.
- Refactored event handling mechanism for widgets: added 'sender' parameter to indicate the widget that initiated slot execution.
- UI now stores last used path when loading samples, impulse response files and configuration files in the global configuration file.
- Fixed problem with UI update in cases when window size does not change. Now works properly.
- Added Mid/Side adjustment knobs for Mid/Side versions of equalizer plugins.
- Reorganized core modules into more comfortable source code tree.
- Added support of UI:updateRate parameter reported by the LV2 host to the UI.
- Added multiple-channel (up to 8 channels) audio file support to Impulse Reverb plugin.
- Updated documentation related to the Limiter plugin.
- Added possibility to equalize the processed signal in convolution plugins.
- JACK version of plugins now automatically handles JACK startup/shutdown and does not require to restart plugin.
Happy New 2018 Year!
Accurately to this date we've gathered donations for new Source Code Release - SCR 1.0.4!
The changelog is, as usual, simple:
- Published source code for the LSP Spektrumanalysator - Spectrum analyzer plugin.
After a long delay, the new 1.1.0 release hase been made!
Today we also celebrate the second year of project lifetime since the 1.0.0 release!
The release slogan can be pronounced as: "Farewall to GTK!", that's why this release includes a lot of HUGE UI changes, so please try it carefully before using on your projects!
The overall changelist is the following:
- Ported all widgets from GTK+ 2.x to raw X11 + cairo
- Ardour DAW is supported by the UI as before
- Mixbus DAW is supported by the UI as before
- JUCE-based hosts are now supported by UI
- Tracktion DAWs are now supported by UI
- Renoise DAW is now supported by UI
- Bitwig Studio DAW is now supported by UI
- REAPER native linux version is now supported by UI
- Updated JACK plugin wrapper to support new UIs
- Updated VST pluign wrapper to support new UIs
- Updated LV2 plugin wrapper to support new UIs
- Implemented LV2:Instance support feature for optimizing LV2 DSP <-> UI transfers
- Official Steinberg VST 2.4 SDK is not required more for building VST plugins
- Added version check for JACK core libraries to prevent multiple installations conflict
- Requirements of naming JACK core library were reduced to only contain 'lsp-plugins' substring
- Added version check for VST core libraries to prevent multiple installations conflict
- Requirements of naming VST core library were reduced to only contain 'lsp-plugins' substring
- Ported Gtk2Box widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Button widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Cell widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Grid widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Indicator widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Label widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Led widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Separator widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Switch widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Knob widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Meter widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Group widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Align widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Center widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Axis widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Marker widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Basis widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported PortAlias widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Text widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Mesh widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Dot widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported IGraph widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Graph widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2ComboBox widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Window widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2File widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2Body widget to X11UI widgets
- Ported Gtk2MountStud widget to X11UI widgets
- Implemented ScrollBar widget
- Implemented Edit widget
- Implemented ListBox widget
- Implemented Menu widget
- Implemented File Save/Open dialog
- Implemented Hyperlink widget
- Implemented Fader widget
- Implemented File saving widget
- Implemented basic clipboard support
- Code clean up and project tree refactoring
- Fixed inline display drawing issue related to GCC 6 optimization specifics (thanks to Robin Gareus)
- Changed maximum sample length of the Schlagzeug plugin up to 64 seconds
- Changed maximum sample length of the Triggersensor plugin up to 64 seconds
New release 1.0.26 available.
- Implemented Latenzmessgerät - Latency Meter plugin.
- Fixed horizontal meter widget rendering.
Source Code Release (SCR) Version 1.0.2 of plugins now available!
The donation goal of $300 for the Phase Detector plugin has been reached some days ago thanks to your donations.
- Published source code for the LSP Phasendetektor - Phase detector plugin.
- Updated core modules up to 1.0.24 version.
Source code release 1.0.2 is accessible from SVN repository at SourceForge.net
You may help the source code of other plugins to become released by donating the project.
More information about donation and policy of source code publishing may be obtained here.
The new release of LSP Plugins is available! This release does not contain huge impreovements but we have another good news: Stefano Tronci aka Crocoduck has joined to LSP Project team and provided his first plugin!
The complete set of changes:
- Implemented Oszillator - Oscillator utility plugin.
- Fixed CPUID bug that caused Segfault on 32-bit systems.
- Added version to the name of the VST core library to prevent possible conflicts with previous installations.
- Added version to the name of the JACK core library to prevent possible conflicts with previous installations.
- Updated debugging engine that allows to write trace file into /tmp.
- Fixed UI hangup when showing plugin's UI related to gtk_dialog_run() issue.
New release 1.0.23 available. Mostly it's a bug-fix release.
- Fixed buffer overflow in Slap-back Delay plugin series happening with frame size larger than 512 samples.
- Updated expression language for the UI: added literal expressions that are more friendly with XML syntax.
- DSP core functions re-engineering and DSP core interface refactoring.
- Covered many of SSE DSP functions with unit tests.
The new 1.0.22 release of LSP Plugins is available. Many optimization work was done relative to realtime convolution algorithms. Also, as usual, new plugins are implemented. Detailed changelog:
- Implemented slap-back delay plugin series.
- Implemented Impulsnachhall (Impulse Reverb) plugin series as advanced version of Impulsantworten.
- Implemented FFT routines that work with packed complex numbers. Overall SSE performance is 1.4 times higher on AMD processors and about 1.1 higher on Intel processors.
- Implemented FFT-based fast convolution routines (Native and SSE) that work with real data input and real data output and allow to avoid bit-reversal shuffle of the signal data. Also there are serious fixes relative to AMD cache penalties. Overall performance bonus is about 1.5 times to the previous convolution implementation.
- Added Full-oversampling modes to Limiter plugin.
- Updated LV2 atom transport primitives.
- Fixed problem in resampler that didn't allow to set oversampling more than 4x.
- Fixed filter core that didn't properly update settings of filter in the specific case and broke behaviour of oversampler.
- Minor UI updates.
LSP Plugins package version 1.0.20 is out! There are many changes since previous release.
- Implemented Impulsantworten (Impulse responses) zero-latency high-performance convolution plugin series.
- Added Mixed Herm, Mixed Exp and Mixed Thin modes to Limiter.
- Updated Classic mode of Limiter that caused a lot of unpleasant distortion.
- Added dithering support to Limiter plugin.
- Added 6x and 8x oversampling support to Limiter plugin.
- Added lookahead delay line to all dynamic processing plugins (Dynamikprozessor, Kompressor, Gate, Expander).
- Updated UI of all Spektrumanalysator plugin series. Now it takes less place while keeping the same functionality.
- Added notification dialog that asks for donations on each version update.
- Implemented zero-latency convolver core module.
- Implemented dither core module.
- Updated delay core module to become more safe while processing passed data to the input.
- Optimized native implementation of FFT: sine and cosine calculation replaced by complex vector rotating, fixed performance penalties relative to CPU caching issues.
- Optimized SSE implementation of FFT: sine and cosine calculation replaced by complex vector rotating, fixed performance penalties relative to CPU caching issues. Overall performance was raised about 4x times.
- All atom ports for LV2 plugins now have twice greater rsz:minimumSize property.
- Added workaround for VST plugins that crashed because Ardour didn't properly report sample rate to multiple instances.
- VST plugins can now be installed as directory with .so files into VST_PATH.
- Some minor code refactoring.
LSP Plugins celebrate one year since first 1.0.0 release! This day, new release of version 1.0.18 has been published.
- Implemented Begrenzer Mono, Stereo, Sidechain Mono, Sidechain Stereo (Limiter) plugin series.
- Added KVRDC16 entry - Dynamikprozessor Mono, Stereo, LeftRight, MidSide plugin series.
- Added 2x/3x/4x oversampling support by DSP modules.
- Small code refactoring.
LSP Plugins have joined KVR Audio Developers Challenge 2016!
The official page of competition bundle is available at this link
This is special release of bundles and does not contain regular plugin bundles. But this release may be independently set up on your system
We need your votes! Please support bundles by your votes and reviews! All competitors are available here
- Implemented Dynamikprozessor Mono, Stereo, LeftRight, MidSide plugin series with and without additional sidechain inputs.
Release 1.0.16 continues the extension of the set of dynamic processors. This release adds two additional bundles - Gate and Expander. Also there are couple of changes to the UI engine. More information below:
- Implemented Expander Mono, Stereo, LeftRight, MidSide plugin series.
- Implemented Gate Mono, Stereo, LeftRight, MidSide plugin series.
- Added expression language to XML documents that allows to evaluate floating-point values.
- Added feature to meter widget: now middle point-relative output is supported.
- Added possibility to display two values for one metering widget simultaneously.
- Some metadata corrections.
- Updated naming of LinuxVST .so files: all underscore characters are replaced by minuses.
- Added 'TROUBLESHOOTING' section to README.txt and documentation that describes how to
- pefrorm detailed bug/crash report.
- Fixed bug of sidechain triggered when it's working in mid-side mode.
- Updated UI design of the trigger relative to metering.
LSP Plugins bugfix release 1.0.15.
- Updated metadata to place english names first for all plugins, and german names afterwards.
- Updated Triggersensor, Parametrischer Entzerrer, Grafischer Entzerrer, Kompressor plugin series UI: changed input and output level meters that now display both peak and RMS values.
- Removed JUCE workaround to prevent crashes of Renoise DAW.
New release from Linux Studio Plugins Project, version 1.0.14.
- Implemented Kompressor Mono, Stereo, LeftRight, MidSide (Compressor) plugin series
- Implemented Seitenkette Kompressor (Sidechain Compressor) Mono, Stereo, LeftRight, MidSide plugin series
- Moved sidechain processing functions into independent separate DSP module.
- Fixed issue related to LV2 bug that disallows to save preset of plugin if it has square brackets in the name.
- Fixed build issue triggering on GCC 6: default C++ standard in GCC was changed to C++11, added strict C++98 usage into makefiles.
- Fixed time drifting between Middle and Side channels in FIR/FFT mode for Graphic Equalizer and Parametric Equalizer.
- Fixed and updated metadata of Graphic Equalizer plugin: now filters have individual pre-defined frequencies, Graphic Equalizer's tranlation is corrected to 'Graphic Equalizer'.
- Re-worked LSP Parametrischer Equalizer plugin series: added filter mode parameter.
- A bit improved support of LinuxVST for Tracktion DAW and other JUCE'd plugins. Great thanks to Nick Dowell, the developer of amsynth. Still, there are problems with UI redraw.
- Implemented biquad x8 filter bank using SSE, SSE3, AVX and FMA instructions, overall performance goal is about 1.8x on x86_64 architecture, i586 architecture has no performance regressions when switching from two x4 banks to one x8 bank.
- Fixed issues with peak value transfer from DSP to UI for VST and JACK versions of plugin.
LSP Plugins version 1.0.12 released!
Many optimization work was done that highly increase performance. Additional features are now provided for most plugins. Here is the following list of changes:
- Implemented LSP Grafischer Entzerrer (Graphic Equalizer) x16 Mono/Stereo/LeftRight/MidSide plugin series.
- Implemented LSP Grafischer Entzerrer (Graphic Equalizer) x32 Mono/Stereo/LeftRight/MidSide plugin series.
- Additional package with HTML documentation is now provided.
- Fixed behaviour of trigger-type button when right mouse click occurs.
- Added output balance knob to LSP Parametrischer Entzerrer Stereo/LeftRight/MidSide plugin series.
- Implemented multiband crossover processor in DSP core for future use.
- Added Inline Display LV2 extension support provided by Ardour to all LV2 plugin series that use interactive graphic output.
- Standalone versions of plugins now draw their state on window icons similarly to Inline Display extension.
- Optmized processing speed of IIR filters, overall acceleration is about 1.5x for filters with low number of poles and zeros, about 5x for filters with high amount of poles and zeros.
- Optimized equalizer structure by using filter banks. Low-pole filters in equalizer are combined into 4x biquad filter banks. Overall performance improvement is about 4x.
- Floating-point calculations are more accurate now for FIR filters.
- Added output signal metering to LSP Parametrischer Entzerrer plugin series.
- Moved spectrum analysis into separate core module for making re-usable.
- Fixed bugs of floating-point number formatting by the 'indicator' widget.
- Added possibility to minimize visual space used by plugin by reducing size of rack mount studs in the UI.
- Plugin UIs now store global configuration in ~/.config/lsp-plugins/lsp-plugins.cfg file.
- Fixed MIDI output for JACK wrapper.
- Added avoiding of denormal floating point values that may cause extra CPU performance penalty by modifying MXCSR register value before audio processing stage and restoring it's value after audio processing stage.
Version 1.0.11 of plugins has been released.
- Optimized graph widget relative to axis objects, logarithmic scaling is now implemented in SSE2 and is about 6 times faster than native implementation.
- Refactored widget rendering subsystem: FPS is lowered and stabilized around 20 FPS.
- Implemented additional compression of built-in XML resources for the UI, now XML resources obtain about 3 times lower space in binaries.
- Highly optimized rendering of Gtk2Graph and Gtk2File widgets that caused excessive CPU load: the CPU utilization is now about 7 times lower.
Source Code Release (SCR) Version 1.0.0 of plugins now available!
The first donation goal of $100 has been reached some days ago thanks to your donations.
- Published source code for the LSP Verzögerungsausgleicher - Delay compensator plugin series.
Source code is accessible from SVN repository at SourceForge.net
You may help the source code of other plugins to become released by donating the project.
More information about donation and policy of source code publishing may be obtained here.
Version 1.0.10 of plugins has been released.
- Implemented Parametrischer Entzerrer (Parametric Equalizer) x16 Mono/Stereo/LeftRight/MidSide plugin series.
- Implemented Parametrischer Entzerrer (Parametric Equalizer) x32 Mono/Stereo/LeftRight/MidSide plugin series.
- Profiling release now available for standalone version of plugins. Requires JACK server.
- Updated formulas for noise envelopes of Spektrumanalysator plugin series.
- Fixed convolution function in DSP that returned zero on small convolutions.
- Fixed bugs in some functions.
- Implemented SSE routines for operations on small vectors of 4 elements.
- Implemented SSE routines for bulk biquad filter processing.
- Updated license text relative to project developers and project maintainers.
- Implemented filter core.
- Implemented equalizer core that supports IIR, FIR and FFT filtering.
Version 1.0.8 of plugins has been introduced.
- Implemented Triggersensor Mono/Stereo plugin series.
- Implemented Triggersensor MIDI Mono/Stereo plugin series.
- Implemented JACK wrapper, all plugins now have their standalone implementations.
- Updated LV2 transport: now plugins do not transport primitives when there is no UI connected.
- Updated LADSPA wrapper: added latency reporting ports for the plugins.
- Implemented peak transfer protocol for peak values.
- Implemented metering widget for UI.
An update 1.0.7 that fixes some problems has been released.
- Fixed the broken UI for Spektrumanalysator x4, x8, x16.
- Added test that displays all UI and can be launched before the build.
- Minimized the size of the Schlagzeug plugin series UI.
Version 1.0.6 has been released!
- Reorganized source tree. Splitted plugin metadata into separate files and moved from core to the new directory.
- Fixed errors in formulas of noise envelopes for Spektrumanalysator.
- Fixed some bugs in DSP SSE module functions caused to possible crash plugins on some conditions.
- Implemented audio resampling algorithm for audio files using N-period Lanczos kernel convolution.
- Implemented some core primitives like Toggle, Blink etc.
- Added support of MIDI events for LV2.
- Added support of MIDI events for VST.
- Added support of plugin state serialization for VST.
- Implemented port sets for reducing plugin's port overhead.
- Implemented indexed proxy ports for the UI.
- Re-engineered LV2 Atom transport subsystem.
- Re-engineered LinuxVST transport subsystem.
- Additional feature ('quick tune') implemented for knob control (available when clicking on the knob's scale).
- Implemented serialization/deserialization of plugin state to plain text files (available in UI when clicking on logo or model acronym).
- Optimized the size of XML data (implemented 'ui:for' tag for cycles in XML documents).
- Optimized LV2 TTL generator for more compact RDF output, fixed some problems in RDF format.
- Changed the color of 'Bypass' swtich to red.
- Implemented Klangerzeuger (Sampler) plugin Mono/Stereo series.
- Implemented Schlagzeug (Multi-Sampler) plugin x12, x24, x48 Stereo/Direktausgabe (DirectOut) series.
Version 1.0.4 has been released!
- Reduced size of mesh to 192 points for Phasendetektor.
- Reduced mesh refresh rate to 20 Hz.
- Fixed metadata for Phasendetektor (ID of 'best value' meter was mistyped).
- Added LV2 Units support for the plugins.
- Optimized some of bulk data operations with SSE.
- SSE-based DSP module now is built-in for all releases and dynamically turns on when possible.
- Implemented FFT algorithm with SSE-specific optimizations.
- Implemented support of ports containing file names for LV2 (LV2 Paths).
- Implemented support of plugin state serialization for LV2 (LV2 State).
- Implemented support of LV2 worker interface (LV2 Worker).
- Implemented support of native worker interface (based on pthreads).
- Implemented Spektrumanalysator (Spectrum Analyser) plugin series (x1, x2, x4, x8, x12 and x16).
Version 1.0.3 has been released!
Many refactoring and some bugfixes have been done:
- Reduced mesh primitive synchronization rate to 25 Hz for LV2 Atoms.
- Simplified core plugin class.
- Simplified plugin UI class.
- Optimized DSP for SSE instruction set.
- Optimized Phasendetektor for DSP usage.
- Changed name of LinuxVST distribution from 'vst' to 'lxvst'.
- Removed dynamic_cast from C++ code and RTTI from linkage.
- XML documents now are built-in resources, expat library is required only for building binaries.
New release 1.0.2 available! Now plugins are fully compatible with LinuxVST plugin format!
- Implemented plugin wrapping layer for more flexible plugin control.
- Added GUI wrapper for LinuxVST plugins.
Happy new year! The version 1.0.1 was released! The most significant changes:
- Fixed bugs in SSE assembly code discovered at 44100 Hz sample rate.
- Optimized SSE DSP processor: now it doesn't need to be an instance of the class.
- Fixed assertion issues with GTK+ support on UI close and destroy for LV2.
- Implemented generic LinuxVST support for plugins. Currently UI is not supported.
- Updated plugin metadata to become more compatible with VST.
Project officially announced, the first demo video is available on the video page.
The version 1.0.0 of the binary plugin package has been released.
You may get the release files from the download page.
The project becomes it's own domain name and site.
The project has been started. The first commit with initial import was made to the code repository.