Sidechain Dynamic Processor MidSide - Sidechain-Dynamikprozessor MidSide
Detailed: LSP Sidechain-Dynamikprozessor MidSide – Sidechain Dynamic Processor MidSide (SCDP1MS)
Formats: LADSPA, LV2, LinuxVST, JACK
Categories: Dynamics, Compressor, Envelope, Expander, Gate, Limiter
Developer: Vladimir Sadovnikov
This plugin performs dynamic processing of stereo input signal in Mid-Side mode. Flexible sidechain-control configuration and additional sidechain inputs are provided. There are possible different variants of dynamic processor to build: compressor, limiter, gate, expander, some kind of transient designer and many others due to possibility of flexible dynamic curve configuration. Also dynamic range can be split into sub-ranges that may have their individual attack and release timings.
- Bypass - bypass switch, when turned on (led indicator is shining), the plugin bypasses signal.
- Pause - pauses any updates of the time graph.
- Clear - clears all graphs.
- MS Listen - passes mid-side signal to the output of the processor instead of stereo signal.
- Gain M, S - enables drawing of gain amplification line and corresponding amplification meter.
- SC M, S - enables drawing of sidechain input graph and corresponding level meter.
- Env M, S - enables drawing of envelope graph and corresponding level meter.
- In M, S - enables drawing of input signal graph and corresponding level meter.
- Out M, S - enables drawing of output signal graph and corresponding level meter.
- Processor - selects the corresponding channel for configuration.
- Listen - allows to listen the signal processed by sidechain for the selected processor.
- Type - set of combo boxes that allow to control type, position and source of sidechain. Available types are:
- Feed-forward - sidechain input is connected to processor's input. More aggressive compression.
- Feed-back - sidechain input is connected to processor's output. Vintage-style more accurate compression.
- External - sidechain signal is taken from additional (external) sidechain inputs of plugin.
- Peak - peak mode.
- RMS - root mean square of the input signal.
- Low-pass - input signal processed by low-pass filter.
- Uniform - input signal processed by uniform filter.
- Middle - middle part of signal is used for sidechain processing.
- Side - side part of signal is used for sidechain processing.
- Left - only left channel is used for sidechain processing.
- Right - only right channel is used for sidechain processing.
- Preamp - pre-amplification of the sidechain signal.
- Reactivity - reactivity of the sidechain signal.
- Lookahead - look-ahead time of the sidechain relative to the input signal.
- Mode - compression mode: Upward (Up) or Downward (Down).
- Ratio low - compression/expansion ratio below the lowest-threshold knee.
- Ratio high - compression/expansion ratio after the highest-threshold knee.
- Attack - default attack time used on the whole dynamics range.
- Release - default release time used on the whole dynamics range.
- Makeup - additional amplification gain after dynamic processing stage.
- Dry - the amount of dry (unprocessed) signal.
- Wet - the amount of wet (processed) signal.
- Ranges - allows to configure up to four additional knees, attack and release ranges:
- Thr - Knob that enables additional knee.
- Att - Knob that enables additional attack range.
- Rel - Knob that enables additional release range.
- Thresh - Threshold of the additional knee, works only if corresponding Thr button is turned on.
- Gain - Gain of the additional knee, works only if corresponding Thr button is turned on.
- Knee - Softness of the knee, works only if corresponding Thr button is turned on.
- Attack - Pair of knobs that allows to adjust the attack threshold and attack time of the additional attack range. The new attack time is applied if the envelope is over the specified threshold. Otherwise the attack time of previous range or default attack time (if there is no previous range) will be applied.
- Release - Pair of knobs that allows to adjust the release threshold and release time of the additional release range. The new release time is applied if the envelope is over the specified threshold. Otherwise the release time of previous range or default release time (if there is no previous range) will be applied.
- Input - overall input gain.
- Output - overall output gain.