Delay Compensator x2 Stereo
Detailed: LSP Delay Compensator x2 Stereo (VA2S)
Formats: CLAP, JACK, LADSPA, LV2, VST2
Developer: Vladimir Sadovnikov
This plugin allows to add short delay to each individual channel of the stereo channel to compensate the phase offset relatively to other channels. The main idea is to add some delay of the signal recorded by set of microphones placed at different positions and distances from the sound source. Because the speed of the sound is low (about 340 m/s), the signal from the sources placed on different position comes with different delays. When the receivers are placed on the different distances, the signal comes with different delays to them. So the final mix of the recorded tracks can sound muddy or, on the contrary, very thick. Note that even 1 centimeter of the difference can take the negative effect. To avoid this, you can add more delay to the receivers placed near the source and less delay to the receivers placed far from the source. This plugin helps to do this in three ways. In conjunction with LSP Phase Detector you can very fast phase your sources.
- Bypass - bypass switch, when turned on (led indicator is shining), the output signal is similar to input signal. That does not mean that the delay line is not working. The delay line always collects input signal to prevent clicks or other noise when turning on.
- Output - the loudness of the processed output signal for the corresponding channel.
- Dry amount - the amount of the unprocessed (dry) signal in the output signal for the corresponding channel.
- Wet amount - the amount of the processed (wet) signal in the output signal for the corresponding channel.
- Mode - the switch button that selects active mode of the delay for the corresponding channel: Samples, Distance or Time. When the mode is active, then the Active led of the appropriate control group is shining.
- Ramp - the button that enables ramping mode of the delay for the corresponding channel. This feature allows to smooth delay jumps when applying automation by linearizing the delay change when processing audio.
- Samples - sets the delay in samples for the Samples mode of the corresponding channel.
- Meters - inaccurate distance control, sets the distance in meters for the Distance mode of the corresponding channel.
- Centimeters - accurate distance control, sets the additional distance in centimeters for the Distance mode of the corresponding channel.
- Temperature - temperature of the air for the Distance mode of the corresponding channel. Note that the speed of the sound in the air highly depends on the temperature of the air.
- Time - the time to delay the input signal for the Time mode of the corresponding channel.
- Time - the real delay (in time units) applied to input signal for the corresponding channel.
- Samples - the real number of samples the input signal was delayed for the corresponding channel.
- Distance - the real distance added to the receiver or the sound source for the corresponding channel.
The delay line always converts the parameters set in the active section into samples that are displayed on the Samples meter. All other metering values are converted from samples, so the real metering values may differ from the values set in the appropriate control group.