Sidechain Expander MidSide
Detailed: LSP Sidechain Expander MidSide (SCE1MS)
Developer: Vladimir Sadovnikov
This plugin performs increasing of dynamic range of stereo input signal in Mid-Side mode. Flexible sidechain-control configuration and additional sidechain inputs are provided. Both downward and upward modes are available. Also additional dry/wet control allows to mix processed and unprocessed signal together.
- Bypass - bypass switch, when turned on (led indicator is shining), the plugin bypasses signal.
- Pause - pauses any updates of the expander graph.
- Clear - clears all graphs.
- MS Listen - passes mid-side signal to the output of expander instead of stereo signal.
- Gain M, S - enables drawing of gain amplification line and corresponding amplification meter.
- SC M, S - enables drawing of sidechain input graph and corresponding level meter.
- Env M, S - enables drawing of expander's envelope graph and corresponding level meter.
- In M, S - enables drawing of expander's input signal graph and corresponding level meter.
- Out M, S - enables drawing of expander's output signal graph and corresponding level meter.
- Preamp - pre-amplification of the sidechain signal.
- Reactivity - reactivity of the sidechain signal.
- Lookahead - look-ahead time of the sidechain relative to the input signal.
- Setup - Sidechain configuration, available values:
- Internal - sidechain input is connected to expander's input.
- External - sidechain signal is taken from additional (external) sidechain inputs of plugin.
- Peak - peak mode.
- RMS - Root Mean Square (SMA) of the input signal.
- LPF - input signal processed by recursive 1-pole Low-Pass Filter (LPF).
- SMA - input signal processed by Simple Moving Average (SMA) filter.
- Middle - middle part of signal is used for sidechain processing.
- Side - side part of signal is used for sidechain processing.
- Left - only left channel is used for sidechain processing.
- Right - only right channel is used for sidechain processing.
- Min - the absolute minimum value is taken from stereo input.
- Max - the absolute maximum value is taken from stereo input.
- Listen - allows to listen the processed sidechain signal.
- LPF - allows to set up slope and cut-off frequency for the low-pass filter applied to sidechain signal.
- HPF - allows to set up slope and cut-off frequency for the high-pass filter applied to sidechain signal.
- Mode - expander mode: Up (upward) or Down (downward).
- Ratio - expander ratio.
- Knee - size of the knee.
- Makeup - additional amplification gain after processing stage.
- Attack Level - threshold of the expander, placed in the middle of the knee.
- Attack Time - attack time of the expander.
- Release Level - relative to the Attack Level threshold that sets up the threshold of Release Time.
- Release Time - release time of the expander.
- Mix Dry - the amount of dry (unprocessed) signal.
- Mix Wet - the amount of wet (processed) signal.
- Input - overall input gain.
- Output - overall output gain.